Friday, March 13, 2009

Goodbye Jeep (snif snif) :(

This past weekend I traveled to So. Ohio hoping to find new signs of spring. I certainly did find some.
Even smelled for a moment or two that familiar sweet alfalfa scent that is prominent in this area in spring. All things must have their season, have a chance to speak their mind, and then like melting snow, another view gets the podium.
Like my Jeep for instance, I loved that thing, but it's sold now in order to make funds for a better vehicle.
I get attached to my vehicles. They become a real friend to me. The Jeep was also an adventure to drive. I'll miss waving hello to all the other Jeep owners I passed in traffic. (Same thing happens if you drive a motorcycle. Most all motorcyclists wave. I think that's a hoot!)
Anyway, I'm thrilled my husband has a decent vehicle to drive to work and since I stay home and only drive a few miles a week, the Ford is fine and actually a safer vehicle. So all is well.
And now a word from St. Peter Chrysologus:
"Fasting is the soul of prayer, mercy is the lifeblood of fasting. So if you pray, fast; if you fast, show mercy; if you want your petition to be heard, hear the petition of others. If you do not close your ear to others, you open God's ear to yourself"
(Sermo 43: PL 52, 320.322).

No comments: