Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Riding the Rails

What a beautiful winter day! I had to go out in it too, so I'm not just saying it as an indoor observer. I drove into town, a whole 3 miles and without realizing it I ended up sitting smack in the middle of the railroad track waiting for the light to change. I don't think it is a wise idea to wait out a red light on a train track, but that goes to show where my brain has been lately: la la land. I realised my position when a school bus driver stopped, open the door and window, listened, and looked, both ways before she crossed over. Ironically, I thought "a kid is going to get on the bus here?".
Wasn't till she gave me the look.
You know, the look when you are doing something considered stupid but are clueless.
Some people really enjoy doing "the look".
It's hypocritical in my opinion to give that particular look.
If you really cared, you would say, "excuse me, miss? honey you really shouldn't be parked on the train track dear." Instead of using the occassion to show how much the wiser you are.
But, even in my own justified thinking, I'm being judgemental.
What is weirder (word?) is that I took a photo.
That just goes to show "every problem you encounter has a gift for you in it's hands" _Richard Bach
Meanwhile, back at the ranch the snow still falls.

1 comment:

Rosie's Whimsy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love your snow pictures, too :-) Now I am off to explore your blog some more. All the Best to You.....Rosie