Sunday, January 27, 2008

Things that SPARKLE

"There are two ways to spread light; to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it." _Edith Wharton.
I love sparkle. glimmer, shimmer, twinkle things. It can be dew on the morning grass or icicles from the eaves, if it shines I am drawn to it, (traits of a crow woman). That's why I kept these Christmas tree ornaments out on my kitchen table in a glass bowl. I love the way they throw polka dots all over my walls and ceiling.
Every sunny day these reflections flip my switch!!!!!!!!!!
What's a crow woman? A woman who loves crows so much she has one tattooed on her hiney. A woman who when she sees a crow yells hello to it. A woman who had crows as pets when she was a kid. A woman who totally believes with all her heart they have a message, (sometimes she gets it, sometimes she doesn't.)
And, this has NOTHING to do with the "primitive art" crow stuff, tho I like that too. This has to do with animal totems.
I don't believe I used to be a crow, nor will I come back as one. Nope. I just have this gigantic, tender, love, love, lovely big spot in my heart for them. I'm so grateful to have a woods behind my house where 6 of them live and I co-exist with them every day. They are such good friends.
They yell at me, bitch at me, and call me names. I love it! They make me feel like one of the family cause they do the very same thing to each other.
Peace:)

1 comment:

Rosie's Whimsy said...

Your sparkles are so nice.....I love reflected light :-)

Hubby and I like crows, too. He thinks they are the smartest bird and they definately have a sense of humor!

Have the Best of Weeks........Rosie