Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Buzzards and Toes:)

A group of buzzards have taken up residence in the woods behind our house and I am infatuated with them. I'm trying to get a decent up close photo of them in flight. This as close as I could get. I'm not coordinated enough to see them flying overhead, then capture that in the nick of time on camera.
I love how their shadows quietly zoom across the yard, usually my first clue they are about.
For the first time I've noticed the buzzards, crows and a hawk are sharing this wooded area. Usually it's just the crows.
You just got to adapt, that's all. Take shoes for example: when you get older, you can't tolerate certain types of shoes and I found that out today. I wore some high heeled pink very pointed shoes today knowing I would be on my feet for 4 hours.
Dumb, really dumb. I cannot THROW those shoes far enough!!!!!!!!!
Here's what I'm migrating towards:
Yeah! Engineer boots!!!!!!!! Woo hoo! These suckers cost $200 and are made in America by Frye.
And these, were made in who knows where but are enjoying their second summer on my feet.
Tonight I am going through my shoes and the really stupid ones are going in the trash.
Note to self: "I'm too old for pointy shoes"

2 comments:

Moonchild Dancing! said...

lol I have never been able to wear high heeled pointy shoes. My friends used to get upset with me because even with a skirt I would have my good ol' sneakers on. :) Wonderful photo of the birds! Peace.

Moonchild Dancing! said...

Hi! If you have a chance, stop by my blog. :)

Peace!