Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Today, Our Lady of Fatima

This Mother of fair love will take away from your heart all scruple and all disorder of servile fear. She will open and enlarge it to run the way of her Son's commandments (Ps. 118:32) with the holy liberty of the children of God. She will introduce into it pure love, of which she has the treasure, so that you shall no longer be guided by fear, as hitherto, in your dealings with the God of charity, but by love alone. You will look on Him as your good Father, whom you will be incessantly trying to please and with whom you will converse confidently, as a child with its tender father. If, unfortunately, you offend Him, you will at once humble yourself before Him. You will ask His pardon with great lowliness, but at the same time you will stretch your hand out to Him with simplicity, and you will raise yourself up lovingly, without trouble or disquietude, and go on your way to Him without discouragement.

(taken from "True Devotion To Mary" by St. Louis DeMontfort) regarding the "Wonderful Effects" of devotion to Our Lady, and was entitled: Deliverance from Scruples, Cares and Fears.

One of my favorite messages of Fatima is that in the end, Her Immaculate Heart will Reign.

that's a relief!!!!

2 comments:

Moonchild Dancing! said...

Wow! Thank you for sharing that. I have never heard of her but I think that I adore her! And, it kind of relates in a spooky way to what I talked about on my blog today in regards to my herbology teacher. Peace.

Annie Jeffries said...

Forgive my using this place to reply to you about your blog comment, but somehow it seems appropriate to be writing at the feet of Our Lady.

I wanted to let you know that I deeply appreciate the words you left today at my Fr. Cutie post and the personal history you shared. It didn't help that after I posted, just a day later, former Bishop Weakland announced his memoirs were being published. But this morning your words really lifted me up. I plan to print out your comment and keep it with me for a while. I'm also calling my pastor today as I need some real spiritual guidance. I've been see-sawing terribly between great anger and terrible sadness.

God Bless You,
Annie