Thursday, October 18, 2007

Fall Outings

Things like roadside stands seem magical to me. I had to stop and take a picture. It's so Americana.
These people grew these items, stuck them out on a little "shop window" in their front yard & put a container for honest folk to drop in their payment amongst the goods.
I wanted to plop down in the yard and hang out, just looking at the colors maybe getting to talk to someone like me who couldn't resist stopping and taking a closer look at what was for sale.
However, my 24 year old daughter didn't really share in my excitement. Instead of making her understand how beautiful everything was to me, I took a quick photo, selected some Indian Corn and we took off down the road toward home.
I wonder if someday, when I'm gone, if she comes across that photo, will she remember that day, and will that memory bring a smile to her face?
I also wonder if I'm nuts, but hey, that's an entire different set of wonders.
Anywho, every night before I go to sleep, I sketch something that happened during my day and write a paragraph about what I did/felt/thought, etc. This is that day's sketch showing how patient my kid is with me and my sporadic antics.

No comments: