Monday, October 22, 2007

The land around me

We moved from an allotment about ten years ago. At first, I didn't want to move because I loved my house and our little lot. The thing that changed my mind?....lawn mowers. On a nice day, when one would love to be outdoors or have their windows open, there would be a lawn mower roaring and agitating me to no end. After awhile it became a major pit peeve of mine and I agreed to move.
So, off we went to a 4 acre lot out in the middle of farm country. And, it's the same darn thing only the lawn mowers are much bigger and much louder. Here's the one I contended with today. Dust storms like no others, compliments of John Deere.
I went for a walk in the woods behind our house this morning and took some pictures. This one with the trees "x marks the spot", I love.
Kind of spooky.
Here is a path of pine trees. I don't know who planted these pine trees in such neat rows, but I sure do appreciate their beauty.
Finally, one last photo of the top of a hill where the sun was shining through so pretty. Loving this time of year.
Hope you are too, but I
can't wait till the first snowflake!

No comments: