Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Staying Indoors

It is quite soggy here in Northeast Ohio.
I usually stay home each day unless I have to go grocery shopping or to the post office. Today, with all this rain, I stayed indoors working in my art room. Watched a couple movies while painting; Margo's Wedding and A day in Dan's Life. I may have those two titles botched up a bit, but the first one has Nicole Kidman in it, the second one has the guy from The Office. Both pretty good. I've also watched Junebug about 2,000 times these past few weeks. I just LOVE that flick. For some reason, I thought The Gods are Crazy would be really funny, but it was very stupid instead.
The book I've been reading is "Life Organizer" by Jennifer Louden. It is full of good questions. I think the most valuable lesson in day to day living I've learned over the past 4 years is to ASK questions, and to QUESTION my thoughts.
My art room is full of symbolism, quotes and objects of sentimental value. I have some favorite writings taped to my drawing board. One is called "Waiting" by Rabindranath Tagore.
"The song I came to sing remains unsung to this day. I have spent days in stringing and unstringing my instrument."
That's the first stanza. I love it, even tho it talks about things that didn't work, it also talks about trying. You gotta try, right?
Also, The Road not Taken by Robert Frost. I just can't understand it. I read it tons of times, and I wish someone could explain it to me.
Well, it's been a long day, I've got to get ready for American Idol. Every year I watch these kids and sweat it out with them. I cry when they do good and my palms sweat when they are performing.
That must be the mother in me I guess..........or hormones.

No comments: