Friday, March 28, 2008

Creating is a sacred thing

There is definitely positive energy that comes from something pretty that is handmade. I purchased this beautiful and unique bracelet from JC at AccessoryLady.etsy., a fellow artist who makes a variety of accessories. I love yellow and I needed something to symbolize my faith that spring will really come this year.
I've been re-reading a book I've had for 10 years. It's "Marry Your Muse" by Jan Phillips. Words of encouragement are needed in every walk of life. Sometimes artists think what they do isn't important. Time and energy, lots of it, spent making art.....and for what?
She writes: time is a synonym for money in our culture. The use of it is often measured by it's profit potential. Time is an essential ingredient to art. Making time to create art is like taking time to pray.
Creating is a sacred thing. It's what God does, right?
I'll end with a beautiful quote by Mary Daly:
It is the creative potential itself in human beings that is the image of God.

1 comment:

renee anne said...

ooo sounds lovely

glad i could make you laugh lol

hope your feeling better!